Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"If I speak with the languages of men and of angels, but don’t have love, I have become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but don’t have love, I am nothing. If I dole out all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but don’t have love, it profits me nothing."   1 Corinthians 13:1-3 WEB

This one is so simple to understand. If we don't have love, anything we do, any talent we have or anything we give accounts for nothing.

Let me add, do not let others define love for you. Love is between God and you because He knows your heart. People will say, "If you really loved me..." or that people shouldn't say "I love you" if they don't. We should love everyone simply because God does. We do not have to like everyone, what they do, nor how they act. Some do not have likable personalities. We are to love them in spite of themselves. 😊

Scripture says in One John 4:8 (lil joke there πŸ˜‚), "He who doesn’t love doesn’t know God, for God is love." 1 John 4:8

God is love. No love, no God. Know God, know love.

Embrace Grace Too πŸ’–