Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I was seeking God's face regarding the killing in Charleston, SC. It wasn't clear to me how people of God could be gunned down while praying in the house of God. I asked, "Won't people lose faith?"



Several scriptures were shown to me when I consulted God. 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," says Yahweh." Isaiah 55:8 WEB

"His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither did this man sin, nor his parents; but, that the works of God might be revealed in him." John 9:2-3 WEB

People often think someone did something wrong and that's why bad things happened. Sometimes it is to show God's work. Christians often pray asking God to use them for His service. Lyrics to a popular song are, "If You can use anything Lord / You can use me".

God looks for those who are willing to stand in the gap. In this case, God found nine. "I sought for a man among them, who should build up the wall, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it; ..." Ezekiel 22:30 WEB 

Sidebar: "I should not destroy it" can also be interpreted "I should not allow it to be destroyed". Lord knows man is destroying our land.

After this killing in S.C. the work of God has been displayed as people across the races are coming together like never before. There is also revisiting of the display of a Confederate flag on government property. Consumers are pulling it from inventory.

Yes, it is sad that nine people had to lose their lives for people to stop viewing racism with eyes wide shut. We should not be sad for the nine heroes because they no longer have to put up with such a cruel cruel world. 2 Corinthians 5:8 reads, "We are courageous, I say, and are willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be at home with the Lord."

Thank you God that your work is showing forth. I pray for the peace, strength and comfort of the families and friends of those killed and the people in S.C. I pray Your strength, wisdom and direction for the leaders in this country and around the world. I pray eyes of understanding are enlightened; that all may know what is the hope of Your calling, and the riches of the glory of Your inheritance(Eph. 1:18). In the precious name of Jesus. Amen

What if you had been one of the nine? Can you be sure absence from your body would have you at home with the Lord? 

If not, you can by saying this, "God, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I deserve the consequences of my sin. I believe Jesus Christ is your Son and He was sent to die in my place. Jesus, I am asking you to be my Savior. Thank you I believe I am saved. Amen"

If you said it, Congrats!!! Hooray!!! Praise God for you. Now find a Bible teaching church so you can know more about God and His promise to you. Also, you can follow me on Twitter @embracegracetoo and I will follow you back. DM me there if you want to chat (not debate).  

Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:1-3 KJV

Embrace your Grace :) <3