Thursday, April 21, 2016

"1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:1-2 WEB

"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am." John 8:58

"God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM," and he said, "You shall tell the children of Israel this: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" Exodus 3:14

I love this. God is so awesome and so all-encompassing that He defies human grammar. It does not say "Before Abraham was, I was". Or, "I existed before Abraham".

God is not past tense, He is present tense. Even when he spoke to Moses and said tell them I am sent you. This goes beyond what the human mind can fathom. We must fathom it in our spirit.

Everytime I see both of those passages with the phrase "I AM",  it just gives me chills and thrills and the same time. Pause calmly and think about that. i.e. Selah

Embrace Grace Too 💜