Monday, April 11, 2016

Some  of my favorite scriptures. God gave us power through the death of Christ. That power is in His Word. If I don't believe anything else I believe God's Word is faithful and true.

Power, Safety and Protection
Luke 10:19 Behold, I give you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy. Nothing will in any way hurt you.

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against you will prevail; and you will condemn every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Yahweh, and their righteousness which is of me," says Yahweh.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God didn't give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control.

Psalm 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Psalm 34:7 The angel of Yahweh encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.

Prosperity
Deuteronomy 28:6 You shall be blessed when you come in, and you shall be blessed when you go out.

Psalm 1:3 ESV He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.

Children Are Blessed
Psalm 112:2 His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

My ultimate favorite is this promise for long life - 70/80 years

Psalm 90:10 The days of our years are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty years; yet their pride is but labor and sorrow, for it passes quickly, and we fly away.

Promise That The Word Works
Isaiah 55:11 so shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return to me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing I sent it to do.

I really love these.

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

 1 Peter 5:7 casting all your worries on him, because he cares for you.

People often say, "Take care". I learned long ago not to agree by saying, "Ok". They are telling you to take on worry and concern. 😮 If I agree by accident, under my breath I say, "I'm not taking on any care because God cares for me".

This all sounds deep but life is deep. Things we say can bless or condemn. Being Christian alone does not keep one from hurt, harm or danger. When our words line up with God's we have power. Jesus defeated Satan by saying, "It is written...".

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue; those who love it will eat its fruit.

Embrace Grace Too 💖